Well, the spagetti sauce is stewing and it is 5:28pm. It's my youngest son Nick's 14th birthday, and with this great occasion I celebrate the opening of my blog! I'm excited about writing and sharing my thoughts on the things that really matter to me. I might write about something as lofty as a poem, as twisty as my teenagers, or as fluid as the stuff that I noodle through on a long run.
I'm a great comsumer -- so will report on new products and services that I find and love. I'll share many of the things that make mothering great and, of course, I'll complain about the stuff that bugs me -- will be interesting to see if they balance out. Don't worry -- this is NOT about recipes -- (but I do cook and will share good stuff). This about the heart and soul of my life: parenting, running, entertaining, decorating, volunteering, writing, reading, friends, wine, and (OK) food.
I'm planning features like "How Not to Get Your High School Junior Through Spanish III," (I've made every mistake in the book) and "What Experts Do You Really Need to Hire," (I've hired them all - watch for my review!) and "Military School: Is it For Your Son?" (see note on Spanish III, above). This won't be just about my kids or my husband, although they do stir the creative juices. I'll also write about people and events in the news that strike me as interesting or funny or sad or wierd - I expect to have plenty of material.
I'm new at all of this and my writing is a bit rusty, but please join me as I start this new journey. Welcome!!
what about those of us who DO want recipes? ;)
ReplyDeleteCan't wait to read this :)
ReplyDelete