I haven't written much about Nick -- Strauss Football Player #2 -- so thought I would put out some good vibes for him and his Oakton Freshman team. The OHS Freshmen were undefeated until last week, when Westfield beat them. Nick came home disappointed and tired -- he played a tough game.
I love to see Nick on the football field - the word that his three's preschool teacher used to describe him still fits in almost any situation and especially on the field: ENTHUSIASTIC!! Nick loves the excitement of being on the team, being a strong player, and mostly being a teammate. It's all about the peeps for him -- way to go Nick! When he recovered that fumble two years ago for Chantilly, little did we know that we would have so much more exciting football in our future with him.
Nick recovers a fumble at the goal line - 9/07
At the T. C. Williams game last month, Nick paved the way for this handoff by quarterback Kyle Downer(#10) to Gerick Charles (#26). I f you can't see Nick's number, it's because he's blocking his man to the ground. Chris Durant (#69) gets in the play as well.
Nick makes the tackle against T.C. Williams - 9/09
The OHS Freshman are working hard at being a team and their effort is paying off. I look forward to finishing up the season with them AND to three more years of fantastic Oakton High School football!
GO COUGARS!
No comments:
Post a Comment